[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Drs. Gray Bennett and William Crowder with the Jackson Heart Clinic are now offering the Phoenix Atherectomy System to treat patients suffering from peripheral artery disease (PAD); a disease where plaque builds-up in the arteries in your lower extremities. The Phoenix Atherectomy System cuts, captures, and clears diseased tissue with a single insertion to help restore normal blood flow and relieve painful symptoms.
Impacting one in 20 Americans over the age of 50, the incidence of PAD in the lower extremities is expected to grow commensurate with increases in diabetes, tobacco use, sedentary lifestyles, and an aging population. People with PAD can experience decreased quality of life because of chronic leg pain; if left untreated, it can progress to more serious complications such as limb amputations and in some cases, death.
Get screened today for PAD if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Tired, weak, heavy, or numb feeling in your lower extremities
- Changes in the color or temperature of your skin
- Weaker pulse in your legs or feet
- Hair loss in your legs
- Loss of leg muscle mass
- Slow healing or non-healing wounds
- Gangrene (death of tissue due to lack of blood flow)
- Pain, aching or burning in toes when at rest or when lying flat
- Difficulty moving